Christmas

Monday, December 7, 2015

Catching Up

I’ve been away from the blog for a while, but with good reason. My husband was working on Thursday, and I get scared to go too far when I’m alone. My doctor’s appointment was on Friday, and that took up most of my day!

I couldn’t find the shirt I wanted, so I took longer to dress. Then, none of my shoes were working – even my Mukluks! I ended up just wearing socks. Getting to the car has become monumental. It takes forever, and I get too worked up. Then, when we arrive, it’s into the big wheelchair – in a very small space. The nurse was kind, and she let me stay in the chair. The doctor explained what I pretty much knew, and he prescribed 1. Water pills – yuck; 2. An antibiotic – working well; and 3. Lying on my back with my feet elevated -- I just can’t do it. I know it must be done, but my back goes into spasms. The doc also suggested a short hospital stay, where it would be resolved quickly. I vetoed that. I just want it all to go away.

In a bit, I’ll be making biscotti – my ninth variety. With my husband helping me, it goes quickly. Of course I’m only halfway to my goal, but it will happen. I’m not making cards – a new decision. I’ll buy them – first time in thirty some years!! And – all gifts are going into bags. Is that streamlining or what?

I’ll try to be more regularly on here, but we’ll see.

Peace,
Muff 

7 comments:

  1. HI MUFF - so sorry you are struggling and that getting aroiubd s so difficult. I understand. I did go in the hospital for 3 and a half days on IV antibiotics. They work well but I hated being n the hospital. It has been 6 weeks since I was there and I am just about over the experience and its effect on me. I swear I had PTSD!!
    I love biscotti yum! I am impressed that you made your own Christmas cards for years!! II understand the loss and grief of deciding you aren't making them this year. :-( It seems MS makes us continually adjust, let go, and so on. Grrrrrrrrrrrr
    I take a water pill on occasion and I hear ya about elevating - not comfortable at all!! So much to manage. Sigh........ We are three weeks away from our big move - Good Lord!!
    Take care Muff - Love Gail, peace.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, our move is still a month away. I want to be well by xmas, so I'm trying to follow instructions.

      Delete
  2. Put your feet up when you can! Lying on your side with your feet up in a comfortable position using lots of pillows may be more comfortable for you...give it a whirl! I have never tried a biscotti:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing the feet up in spurts. Biscotti is yum!!

      Delete
  3. I'm currently dealing with the difference between "I need to sit up to type things" (such as this note or bill paying or, insh'allah, doing music stuff) and getting my feet up and comfy or even MORE comfy by lying down, from which position not much gets done. But I'm finally comfortable. quite the choice, between accomplishing stuff and being comfy.

    Biscotti scares me. Scare me? I am such a grammar nerd... Anyway, perhaps one day I'll be baking again... Who knows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need help baking, but I still feel as if I'm doing it.

      Delete
  4. You are amazing, but get those feet up! There is no better way to take care of those you love than by taking care of yourself first. (My yoga teachers all say that and it is true.)

    ReplyDelete